Saturday, July 09, 2005

Now I remember why I don't have cats anymore...

So I went out in my back yard to see how a trellis, (um thats the one that arches over a walkway or somethign right? ) would work on the other side of our stone ditch. I saw one i really liked today that had lots of detail and was really sturdy. And i think it would look great next summer with some grapes hanging off it...
Anyway. I was out looking at how that would work, and checking on the bird feeders when i noticed a blue jay in my garden. Not just any blue jay, a baby jay. Gorgeous blue wings and fuzzy grey back. And nothing shy about him. Just curious and happy to be around. He let me get really close, within 4 feet, before he would scoot a couple hops away. He finnally had enough of my watching, and flitted to the other side of the ditch where he nesteled into a hole in the stones. So i walked off and let him be. I looked out the window at him every once in awhile to see what he was up to. And soon he was perched on the flat feeder we have hung from a branch, not eating, just looking around. And totally oblivious to the large orange tom cat staring up at him longingly.
And apparently i needed to be reminded of what a naive city girl i am. Because i didnt think to run off the cat before he could eat the pretty bird id just decided i was quite fond of. And before i realised it, he was leaping up at the blue jay, and had his back in his teeth. And no amount of yelling, throwing of objects, dive bombing parents, vicious attack poodles and an extremly upset blonde was was going to persuade that damn cat to let go of his prize.
I am not going to keep Mollie off that damn cat, or keep her from barking at him any longer. He's an awful pest, that eats my birds, and taunts my dog, and pisses in my yard. He can expect to be hosed the next time his furry ass crosses that fence.
And my longing for a lovely smoke grey cat to wander around my garden and decorate my yard is sooooo gone.
Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home