Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Um, maybe i should change this to a gardening blog.

I really dont ever talk about my life on here. And the knitting has totally been over taken by dirt and flowers. If i could do both at once.. i would. Hopefully next year, i wont be doing as much in the garden, since most of what I am doing now is fixing the lack of care the last 10 yrs or so here. And getting land ready for beds. Ha, 'land' like ive got acres or something. But yeah.
I should really try to get a good picture of the whole yard, so that when i say 'ditch' youve got the idea that its a stone wall/stream kinda thing. Well, stream when it rains anyway. But its not a big ugly dip in my yard or anything. Its rocked and comes up about a foot above the ground, 3 or so below. And wont look so overgrown or baren this time next year. (Im waiting for the poison ivy i found the other day to die before i finish clearing it. and by me, i mean the kid were paying to clear it since everytime i get down to do it i get attacked by mamoth killer mosquitos that only like me apparently. )
I dyed the rest of my roving today. I think i've figured out how the dyeing transfers into the yarn after its spun. So its less experimental now. Which i like. Sometimes its good to just try things, but when I want enough pretty yarn do do a project? Experimentation not so hott.
I'll take pictures and post them later. Along with links to the gorgeous bulbs Im about to buy to cover the strip of grass on the other side of the ditch with.
I know. I have a problem. Shut it. It'll be gorgeous and you know it. And when we sell this house, you better believe its all commin with me too. (and it will prbly take one uhaul just for the yarn, books and plants. but thats ok. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home