Thursday, July 14, 2005

Boobholder disaster

OK ... So I love this pattern. Its great. But apparently I can't make things to fit me. Unless I turn into a 34 B , this thing is not for me. But that purely my fault. Sigh.
I cast off last night at SnB. Seamed the sleeves just now. And then tried her on. At least i seamed the sleeves in a totally non permenant way with a nice smooth yarn and no knots. What all was wrong with it you ask? Well I'll tell you.

  1. The sleeves are 4 1/2 inches too wide.

  2. They also need about half the increases it calls for at the puffy part. Cuz too much puff. (i didnt tighten the sleeves at the end like it said to do. I already liked the length and i didnt need more poof with my broad shouders and chest. yikes. So i just did the garter for 7 rows instead.).

  3. The chest needs to be about 2 inches shorter, and 3 1/2 wider to accomadate the boobage so that nothing stretches too much. So I'm going to start the increases called for after the separating of sleeves and body before that.
So now i have to rip the whole thing back to the sleeve increases. And prlby have to write another "So guess who ran outta yarn" email to Elabeth.
* I have half the ball left from the last one i got. So far I am on ball #5 of the Colorspun. And im holding it double. Not bad, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home