Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I left for Home Depot and came home with a dog

After I ate dinner, I decided to go to Home Depot and check out their Clematis, bc I found a wrought iron trellis this weekend to use in front of an ugly gas meter in my neighbors yard that detracts from my new garden.
And I had just pulled off of my street, when I saw this dog cross in front of some cars near a stop sign. She kept getting to one side, then after everyone started moving again shed decide to cross a different way. I'm near a pretty busy street, and she kept stopping traffic. She finally slowed down once she got in a neighborhood and I got her to come to me.
She was a lovely little pit bull I'll call Lucy. (Because she looked like a Lucille/Lucy to me) She let me pick her up, so I took her to my car. She rode real well, and didn't want to get out when I got her home. I got Lucy into the back yard, and had to find Mollie's old clip leash and yard stake since she decided my garden was a great place to sink her paws into.
She was the sweetest dog ever, and Mollie hated her. I eventually had to take Lucy and her stake into the front yard. Mollie would NOT quit barking at her. I'm sure she's got a sore little poodle throat right now.
We had to call the human society, bc I couldn't keep her here and wait for someone to claim her. Even though I wanted to put up signs and call all the vets and things. And cross my fingers that no one was looking for her.
If no one adopts her, she's coming back home. I already miss her...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my pit. He's the sweetest thing ever. Hope you get to keep her. See you tuesday.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home