Thursday, January 20, 2005

new pattern

One of my UFO's is the "must have cardi" from HipKnits. Well, as usual, i cant follow directions to a 't'. I changed the gauge, significantly, to allow me to use Trendsetters Vintage and TLC Amore, bc i could only get 5 balls of Vintage and it ended up being impossible to find my color anywhere. So i used the Amore with it on 13's to get a nice cozy knit. BUT the cardi's neck line just didn't lay right w that yarn, and looked ... odd, for lack of a better word, on me. So i ripped back. (thats been happening a lot around here lately...) and i failed to mention my gauge must have changed when knitting the fronts, since it sat in my drawer for months. bc the fronts ended up overlaping more than necessary to button. it just so happed that it was enough for a wrap, so i think im going to do that now. Im trying to find the perfect neckline for it now, i cant seem to get the depth of the v quite right. but i will. And then i will have my first person sized original sweater pattern. right? bc if its a totaly diffrent gauge, and yarn, and fit and such from that pattern, even though thats what i meant it to be, its mine then right? hope so.


1 Comments:

Blogger Elabeth said...

Yep. That sounds like enough differences for it to be your pattern to me.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home