Friday, December 31, 2004

Mariah update

I've managed to get past the 5" of seemingly never ending cabled ribbing on Mariah. I've been feeling yucky and flu-y the last few days and about all I've done is knit with a few random things in between. So it was probably two solid evenings before I got to the regular stockinette. Now its just flying. I miss-read the chart when I started cabling so I have the hold to front and hold to back cables reversed. But oh well. It doesn't look like I messed up so its all good. I ended up casting on about ten times because I couldn't get the stitches right, and after all that, I just couldn't go back and do it again. My head would've exploded with frustration. But I'm happy to report the Caron Simply Soft is working great. One of the girls at stitch n bitch said she wasn't sure it would show the pattern well because of the slight 'halo' the yarn has to it, but its working out great. (YAY)

2 Comments:

Blogger la fille du fromage said...

YAY! a knitter! i just knitted my first hat and i feel like a freaking knitting connoisseur. i love it. i wish i knew how to knit booties or socks or something. i want to increase my knitting skills. i am currently a knitting novice. any suggestions?

5:09 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Thats great! How did you learn to knit? I assume you know how to both knit and purl... so the next step is really just finding yarn you love that ispires you. (corny, i know.) But check out some sites for free patterns like knitty.com , or try the free knitting pattern webring at http://www.chavie.net/knitring.html that will take you to a lot of sites / blogs with free patterns, hints etc. And that will get you started with some ideas for things and just be fearless with it. if it doesnt look like its going to turn out like you want it to, you can always start over or switch patterns completely.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home